Sunday, May 3, 2009

A day at the tracks!

And their off!!

Well they were yesterday! I made it to Texas in one piece, without a medical mask, and headed straight to the race tracks!! I was so excited to be celebrating the Derby with my parents and other UK alum. The track was beautiful and they actually had horses running there. So we ate, drank and watched horses all day! Our group had been set up under a great outdoor tent that provided shade and shelter through out the day. There was live music, great food and raffles for this Kentucky girl!

Throughout the day there were contests, but the only one I paid attention to was the Hat Contest. The turnout wasn't the best, I guess these women don't understand the importance of the Derby Hat. My favorite was this little girl...she's getting started early!!

This picture doesn't express the grandness of this hat...coming out of the red flowers on the right side of the hat were large black and white feathers adding some pizazz and style. This girl had it going on!!

You might be wondering why the pictures are foggy....well in Texas weather, if you take hot hot temperatures and add a complete torrential downpour, you get visible humidity. The fog was just lingering in the air an fogging up my camera lens!


The fam snapped a quick photo and made a quick dash for the car when the rain finally held up...


But before we mad it to the car, I saw this.....

Does anyone want to explain what a tater tangle is? I'm lost! HA!

Happy Sunday :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a real good time yesterday. Sorry I can't help you out with the "tater tangle" thing. Maybe it's a "Texas" thing!!!

    Have to run; we're getting ready to head out to church. We decided to go in the evening again.

    See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hat on that baby is so cute!!Hope you are having a great time:)
    I tagged you on my blog!! Can't wait to see your answers:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your family are so sweet! And I really wish I knew what a tater tangle was...sounds like a pile of curly style fries tangled together!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin