Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dance Dance!

So if you didn't know....I love to dance! All kinds of dance....hip-hop, ballet, line dance, two-step, doesn't really matter! I started my dancing career in high school after a cheerleading injury lead to surgery and a doctors suggestion of no more tumbling. For some cheerleading squads that would have been ok, but my high school team was extremely competitive and if you couldn't tumble, you couldn't be on the team. So, I took up dancing. I danced for my high school my senior year and decided I wanted to keep dancing. This lead to a few of the best experiences of my life!

I chose a college and tried out for the dance team. To my surprise I was chosen out of hundreds to be a member of the University of Kentucky Dance Team!


We danced for football and basketball and everything in between. I'm the first #24 closest to the left...not looking towards the camera!

Here we are after a game against the Gators....boo! Sorry.


For those of you who are sports fans, you know who this special guy is...

Dancing for my Wildcats lead to dancing for a professional arena football team in KY.


This is from year 1 of 4 spent with this great team.

Now that I'm in Florida, I'm having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. I miss dancing so much and I can't seem to find anywhere for "adults" (even though I still have a hard time considering myself one) to get their groove on. I found a place in Orlando called Vibe. It seems great and offers all the classes I'd love to take, but there's one little problem.....its freakin' expensive!!! Holy moly, I can't pay $150 for 4 classes a month! Seriously, there has to be somewhere out there that isn't so expensive and will allow me to live out my dreams of becoming the next winner of So You Think You Can Dance? :)

Speaking of dance shows...MTV has taken the crown in producing dance shows. America's Best Dance Crew has to be the best reality competition show ever....or right up there with America's Next Top Model. ABDC Season 3 is down to the Finale TONIGHT! The final teams are:

Beat Freaks

&

Quest Crew


I can't decide who I want to win....the girls or the guys! They are both amazing groups and I wish they could both win. Make sure you watch tonight at 10 pm ET/PT!

Now its back to studying and stressing out about my tests! Saturday after class I will be hitting up the beach AGAIN and Sunday, hopefully attending the Festival of Chocolate!

Just one more day til the weekend!! God Bless!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin