Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Running on Empty.

Oh my...has it been a day. I was so excited about my day because I had a job interview this afternoon. But as you can probably tell by my lack-luster blogging, that it didn't work out too well.

I'll start from the beginning...

I woke up bright and early at 8:30 this morning. I know that's sleeping in for most people, but since I don't have a job, I don't have a big reason to get up early each day. I got up and ate breakfast and had my morning coffee and decided to do a
little more research on the company I was interviewing for; I won't name names, so we'll call the business Prospect 1. Well at Prospect 1 they told me they were looking for someone to fill a credit manager position. I don't have any experience in the finance department, but it was an entry-level position with training, so I didn't think that would play a huge role in the decision process.

I did my research and had all my ducks in a row. I had lunch and started getting ready. I was so excited to have something to do today. I fixed my hair and spent a little extra time than I normally do on my make-up. I dressed up in my business attire and was ready to go. I don't know about you all, but there's something about putting on business clothes that makes me feel powerful and sassy at the same time. I love it!

I got to the interview between 5 and 10 minutes early, walked in and asked for Mr. Sock. You'll find out in a bit why I decided to give him that name. I was instructed to sit in a closed office and wait for his return. A good 15 minutes later he sauntered in with folder in hand and sat down in front of me. The interview proceeded as he asked the typical interview questions.....why don't you tell me a little about yourself? What drew you to apply for this position? What kind of worker are you?

Blah. Blah. Blah.

In between questions Mr. Sock managed to tell me more about
himself than I needed to know. I think I could probably write a book on him now. He made a point to let me know he was single with no kids, made good money, had a great credit score, and had season Orlando Magic tickets and has for years. Why would I want to know this?

The interview went on and I felt like I was on and episode of Charlie Brown and Mr. Sock was the teacher..... 1) absolutely no personality from this man....hence the name. 2) He tried to make me feel inferior by my inexperience in the financial field and kept defining every word he talked about...like he was my teacher. 3) All I was hearing come out of his mouth was Waw waw waw waw!! Just like the teacher from the show! I have never gone through an interview and been so uncomfortable and thought to myself, "I don't belong here. Ma
ybe I should just get up and walk out."

After the conclusion of the interview, I was very upset. I wanted so badly for this to work out and to have a job on the horizon. After talking with my mom and a few friends, I've come to the realization that this must have not been the right fit for me. That God has something different planned and this wasn't it. I know He has great things around the corner for me, I just need to quit being impatient
.

So to Prospect 1 and Mr. Sock.....good luck and peace out!!

Now on to something that makes me happy....MAKE-UP!

If you didn't know, I worked at M.A.C. Cosmetics for about 2 years and I absolutely loved it. While working there I started booking freelance gigs where I would go out and do make-up for special events....weddings, proms, fashion shows, pageants. It was a blast.

I applied on Friday at a local counter, but I'm pretty sure the whole company is on a hiring freeze :( But I realized two things while I was looking at extravagant eyeshadows and luscious lipsticks:


1) The Hello Kitty line is a must have this season.

2) I am going to try and start up my freelance work down here in Florida. There are all kinds of people out there that will need my services....people won't stop getting married. And they have to look good! So I had my business cards re-printed so I could start distributing them to the bridal stores in town. My next project will be to put together my portfolio and start a blog for my make-up work! Here's what my cards will look like!





















If anyone is in need of a make-up artist in the Florida area, let me know! :)

And one last thing....in my last post I was requesting book ideas from all you great people! Well I received a message on my facebook from Miss A telling me about a really neat website where you can swap books with other readers and get new books to read for only the cost of shipping. If you're looking for a new way to get some new literature, check out this website:

http://www.paperbackswap.com/index.php

As soon ask I get my books out of storage, this website will be my new best friend! Thanks Miss A!

I wish everyone the best week possible! Keep smiling, keep living, keep praying! God bless!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin