Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Heart Day!

Happy late Valentine's Day to everyone! Its been a few days since my last post....I've been trying to get over the funk. I definitely didn't have it as bad as Justin and his sister did, but I wasn't feeling 100%. I'm feeling much better now and wanted to tell you all about my wonderful Valentine's weekend.

The morning of Valentine's Day I had class bright and early. I know you're thinking...class on Saturday morning?? Yup, every Saturday I start my day off with a biology class from 9-11:45! Class went the full 3 hours and I headed home to find Justin waiting. He told me to change into shorts, tank top, and flip-flops and meet him at the car. I didn't know what to think, so I did as he said. We got in the car and started out on our little Valentine's Day journey. The drive took about 45 minutes and the whole ride I had no clue where we were headed.

.....And then we were there! Justin took me to New Symrna Beach! I haven't been to the beach in a long time and we haven't had a chance to go together, so he decided it was time! I can't begin to describe how excited I was. I am a huge fan of unexpected sweet surprises and this tops my chart as the best surprise ever!!! The thought he put into our day made me feel so special. It means so much more than anything he could have bought me.

This was the first beach I'd been to that you could drive out on the beach. So we picked a spot, parked, and started to unload. Justin had packed a cooler for a picnic, blankets, chairs, sunblock....pretty much everything you need for a day at the beach! The weather was perfect....sun shining with very few clouds in sight. I couldn't have asked for more.

Our day was spent lounging, dipping our toes in the icy water, and just enjoying our time together. Justin was brave and ventured out into the water, but I was without a swimsuit and not feeling the cold water. I was content with being a bystander and taking pictures. I couldn't help but smile the whole time.....to think, I have someone that cares about me so much and a best friend that knows so much about me, that I get to spend a glorious day like this with him! I am so blessed <3 style="text-align: left;">
Laughter is the shortest distance between two people. ~Victor Borge

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin