Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Just an update....

February 3......I can't believe its already February. What happened to January? Today is my official 1 month anniversary of being a Floridian!!! I thought I would upload some pictures and let everyone know a little about what has been going on. First and foremost, the job interview went really well yesterday and I wish that was a good thing. One of the main reasons I moved down here, besides to be with Justin, was to start back school and get a second bachelors in nursing. I feel God pulling me to do that so I have made all my plans for the next two and a half years based on school. The job at a local radio station that I have been interviewing for will demand a majority of my time, leaving mere hours for school and studying. The general manager told me I should be prepared for a terrible first year...I think her exact word were, "Your first year is going to SUCK...really bad"....and not much free time. I know the economy is terrible right now and I should be excited that I am getting a job offer, but I don't want to give up school; not when I just started!!! So I don't know what to do. I'm torn between taking the position, having money, with no school and not taking the job, having no money, and possibly not finding a job for a while to continue school. I just keep telling myself that everything will work out the way God wants it to and that it's not just going to be a walk in the park.

Since I've been down here the weather has definitely been unexpected. I was hoping for warm breezes and sunny skies and that is all I packed for....sun dresses, flip flops, tank tops and shorts!!! Everything else is in storage. Well, I was definitely wrong. I will not have a future in meteorology! I have had the privilege to experience the coldest temperatures in Florida since the 80's. Temperatures have been in the 50's and 60's on a good day and get down below freezing at night. Every one's grass and plants have killed over and its looking pretty brown. I had to go get my jeans and fuzzy boots out of storage just to stay warm! I feel bad for complaining because I know in my home state of Kentucky, the weather is terrible! Ice and snow and no power!! I found out yesterday that an old neighbor in Madisonville was impaled by a falling tree and is in the hospital. It is hard for me to believe that something as beautiful as snow can harm so many people. Please keep the Purdy family and everyone in Kentucky in your prayers. May the weather warm up soon and life get back to normal.

Ok, enough of the venting...now on to my adventures in Florida. Here are a few pictures from around town and my trip to Lake Okeechobee to see my grandfather.

Justin in his new pullover from Christmas, driving to Okeechobee.

My grandfather, Papaw, and his lady friend on the boat.

Lookin' for gators!
The only gator brave enough to fair the cold weather!

Trying to stay warm!

That's definitely enough pictures for right now. I will save a few for later dates! I hope everyone is enjoying the shortest month of the year and remember Valentine's Day is 11 days away.... <3>

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin