Monday, February 9, 2009

I wanna be where the people are, I wanna see, wanna see them dancing....

So, its been a tough couple of days. Its finally warm and I've been sitting outside all day long....but everyone is sick! Justin and his little sister have had the funk for a few days now and I'm doing my best to not to contract the epizoodie! The warm weather today has made a world of difference :) Hopefully it will stay like this for a while!

The whole time I've been outside, I have been applying for jobs and trying to think of anything I could possibly do for work. I ended up turning down the job offer at the country radio station due to the fact that I wouldn't be able to attend school. School is going so well right now and I wouldn't want to jeopardize it! Speaking of school, it has always been a tradition in my family to take a first day of school picture....so Mom this one is for you!!

It was freezing outside and I was just trying to stay warm! Who woulda thunk?

Justin and I have really been trying to get out and experience some of Florida together. In the first couple of weeks I was down here, Justin and I met up with his friend Justin....we'll call him Omega....for a concert in downtown Disney. It was an experience to say the least! I was so excited to find out that there was a Cirque De Soleil venue.


I absolutely love their shows and hopefully we'll be able to afford some tickets. But back to the real reason we were there.....we saw a local band called Junkie Rush at the House of Blues. This was the first time I'd really been out in Orlando and let me tell you.....culture shock! I didn't think it was going to be that much different and maybe it was the location I was in, but the people there for the concert were so much more laid back than the people in Lexington. If I was out in Lexington for a night on the town, you wouldn't catch me with out my high heels! I could count on two fingers how many people I saw with shoes other than flats. The trend seemed to be painted on jeans for guys and girls and scarves (not the long ones you wrap around your neck during winter to stay warm, but the ones that are about the size of a hankie) tied around their necks. They looked like they were about to declare a duel and shoot to the death, like they did in the wild wild west!

Besides the trendy attire, the show was great. I just enjoyed being out and about. Below is the only picture I got of Justin and myself before my camera was confiscated.


On to another adventure.... For Christmas I purchased a pair of tickets to Justin's favorite band, in hopes that we would get to do a little exploring (the concert was in Jacksonville Beach, about 2 hours away from Lake Mary). Justin and I we able to take a day and travel up to St. Augustine to be tourists and visit the old historical town and wonder the shops until time for our concert. The town was beautiful to say the least.....would have been even better if it wasn't in the 30's when we were walking the streets! St. George is the go-see street in St. Augustine. We definitely went and saw!!







In Lexington, two quarters would get you two hours of parking. Not in St. Augustine!! This is me paying an outrageous amount to park downtown. I had to raid my pink Ms. Piggy Bank in the front seat of my car to pay the hefty $5.50 fee to park for less than two hours! Whew! The price we pay to have a little fun :)


While we were walking the streets of St. Augustine, we discovered a store very dear to both our hearts....the candy store. things were pretty normal inside, everything you would expect from a store for your sweet tooth. But then we saw a jar that displayed a very disturbing sign....DO NOT MICROWAVE!!! Justin and I had just been talking about the show Myth Busters on the drive and this is one of the myths they were trying to figure out! All I could do was laugh....I wonder if there was a sign by the Pop Rocks that said....DO NOT EAT AND DRINK SODA AT THE SAME TIME!!!


After the candy stores we walked up to the shore and checked out the old fort. We were not surprised to find out they were charging to enter the fort so we enjoyed ourselves from the outside! We decided we would save the inside for another day and time. Here are a few pictures from the rest of the trip around St. Augustine, before we headed to Jacksonville Beach for the show:






I tried to take as many pictures as possible, I'm not going to put all of them up because they are definitely tourist pictures!








Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson



I wish everyone the best of weeks!!! Let the sun shine on your life and even better shine your light on someone else's life!


signature


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin