Monday, August 24, 2009

Still getting used to Florida!

As time goes on there are more and more things that I find odd about this state. As I mentioned in a previous post, the wildlife is ridiculous. Aside from the roadkill walking around, there are a few other things I'd like to talk about.

When I lived in KY I had a tanning package at a tanning salon and was know to get my nails done every now and then. It just made me feel better about myself. Sun Tan City was a place I could go to clear my head a get a little tan, if I needed one.Another place I would go would be the gym. I loved the gym in KY. It was never crowded when I went, offered great classes, and had a great cardio room.

Now, in FL, I can't find anything like at home. Tanning beds are outrageously priced and the salon techs have no idea what they're talking about and the gyms....they're so expensive I don't even dare walk in the front door.

I mentioned getting my nails done earlier.....in KY acrylics are also reasonably priced and you have plenty of options when it comes to finish. You can have color or french, gel or acrylic. I was always one to have acrylic overlays on top of my real nails and have them airbrushed french. I was shocked to find that every nail salon in My Neck of the Woods, Florida doesn't airbrush! Arg.

I'm still trying to get used to all these changes. What about you? Are there any differences between states that just drive you nuts? Or am I just crazy?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you need to move back to Kentucky...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be hard. What a change! The only state that use to annoy the crap out of me was (well not so much the state but the city) is Indianapolis, IN. They never had a time change in the city but everything around it did. REALLY weird. Hope things get better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've lived in a lot of states that are all pretty different - illinois, ohio, georgia, wisconsin...and each state has their quirks. things do get better though. i swore i'd never find a single thing i liked about wisconsin - and now it's not so bad. hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin